As interviewed by The Texas Standard, the national daily news show of Texas (Ransomware Attack Leads to Breach Affecting 700 Students in 39 Texas School Districts).
On the Air: Ransomware Attack Leads to Student Data Breach in Texas Districts
- In the News: How Educational Institutions Are Failing to Adequately Protect Student Data — Cyber criminals' increased interest in attacking education systems imperils students' financial futures and privacy, and gives parents a reason to question whether schools are up to the task of protecting their kids' personal [...]
- In the News: On School Website Security, Privacy Practices — In the three weeks since "Tracking: EDU" officially launched, a growing number of news outlets, associations, and organizations have highlighted the findings and significance of the work. Yet, what matters most is that SEAs, LEAs, and schools take what steps they may need in order to improve their website security and privacy practices. And, no matter your role or interest [...]
- FBI, ED: “Cyber Criminal Group Threatens Schools and Students” — The FBI (Cyber Division) and the Department of Education's Office of the Inspector General issued a warning about cyber-extortion schemes focused on public [...]
- School Websites are Bad, Just Not How You Think — According to a new study released today by EdTech Strategies, "Tracking: EDU," state and local education agency websites were found to lack important security and privacy protections for students, families, and educators. [...]
- In the News: ISO Trustworthy Computing — When you are away, do you know what your computer is [...]